We all want our Moms to know we cherish the relationship we share with her, especially on Mother’s Day. But how do we find the words to let her know just how much she means? With Mother’s Day right around the corner, here are a few suggestions to help you express your love and gratitude.
Acknowledge HerThink of all your mom has done for you, from guiding and encouraging you to making you feel OK, no matter what. Acknowledge and recognize her for her influence and the things she’s done or continues to do that have a positive impact on your life. Share some of what you’ve been able to accomplish because of her love and support.
Mom, you inspire me to dream big.
In little and big ways, you’ve always been there for me, as a constant support, as a friend, as my wonderful mother.
Create a Compliment ListMake a list of all the things you love about your mom. Maybe it’s her kindness and generosity or her sense of humor and creativity. Perhaps you admire her positive outlook on life or appreciate the way she’s able to find joy in so many small things. Compliment her on the traits and habits you observe that make her such a wonderful woman and mom.
Mom, I admire the kind of woman you are, the way you look at the world, the way you care for others and the way you spread joy wherever you go.
You’re generous, caring, kind, smart, funny, encouraging, loving, giving, honest, compassionate and just plain awesome.
Offer a WishIs there something you’d love your mom to have more of in life? Or maybe you just want her to keep enjoying all the good she already has. Offer a wish or blessing for more — more happiness, love, harmony, contentment, beauty… Envision a future filled with all she deserves, and celebrate her with a shower of bright wishes and hopes.
May you be blessed with love and happiness…today and always.
I hope this special day that celebrates you is as warm as your hugs, as sunny as your smiles, as joyful as your spirit and as loving as your heart.
Most of all – say thank you! Sure, you know all the ways your mom is there for you. And you’re aware that her many small, thoughtful acts of caring make a big difference in your life. But maybe you don’t always take the time to thank her for being so amazing. Mother’s Day is the perfect chance to do so.
No matter how you choose to honor and celebrate Mom, what’s most important is that you do it from your heart.
To make your gift-giving even easier, we’ve partnered with Flowerbud to offer this Mother’s Day bouquet of lovely Lisianthus as well as a box of blank notecards featuring four of our beautiful, hand-painted designs. Celebrate Mom with a gift sure to bring beauty and joy to her special day — sent with all the love in your heart. Click here to place your Mother’s Day order.
From color and form to texture and patterns, nature serves as a rich palette for inspiration when it comes to the creative world. We’ve long been inspired by the instantaneous way they can brighten spirits or bring life to a room – with very little effort!
It’s no wonder, then, that we’ve drawn inspiration from flowers for much of our Mother’s Day art through the years.
This year, for a fun twist, we arranged for our watercolors to serve as a muse for a special Mother’s Day bouquet from flowerbud.com – and we’re so excited to share the results with you!
Below are a few samples of the art that Flowerbud used to inspire a hand-selected Mother’s Day bouquet.
And here is the end result … a beautiful arrangement of Lisianthus! We could not be any happier with these graceful and gorgeous, ruffled blooms and hope that your mom, or any of the women who play an important role in your life, will love them, too!
Click here and remind your mom she’s beautiful with the timeless gift of flowers!
Yesterday we learned how personalizing any celebration for a guest of honor is all about the details. We had so much fun adding personalized touches to our fiesta-themed celebration and hope you enjoyed it as much as we did! With Cinco De Mayo around the corner, here are some free downloads for you to add to your own festive celebration! Follow the instructions below to download.
Fiesta Banners: Once you’ve printed the PDF, which has 3 color options, cut out the banners, score the white lines at the top portion and fold over. Attach to string using double-sided tape or glue.
Place Cards and Labels: Print the download, cut out the labels, score in the middle and fold to stand up. These can be used as food labels, place cards, or party instructions!
Festive Paper Wrappers: Print and cut out the wrappers of your choice (large and small sizes included). Glue or tape wrapper onto tin can, wrap around, and adhere to the other end. These can be used for floral arrangements, cacti, party utensils, etc. Enjoy and be sure to let us know how these help you celebrate the people in your life —down to the smallest details!
When the image pops up in a new window, simple right click and save. Questions or having trouble downloading? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning a celebration for someone special to you is a beautiful part of Creating a Life You Love. However, ensuring that the event feels truly personal and intimate is no small feat. For pointers, we reached out to expert Sarah Reese, a Pennsylvania-based event designer who understands that a successful celebration is all about the details.
Follow along as we apply her insights just in time for a Cinco De Mayo themed birthday bash!
Designing an event is so much more than choosing the best colors, creating the biggest backdrop, or finding the perfect party favor. All of these things are important and a fun part of the process, but an event that leaves guests in awe is one that inspires a deeper understanding of who they are there to celebrate. The event should tell a story through every aspect of décor, from the grand entrances and seating charts to centerpieces and personalized favors.
Ironically, the guest of honor (GOH) is often the one person who gets left out of the planning process. Yes, the GOH may have a say in what they like and don’t like, but it’s important for the host to consider who they are. What do they like? What makes them unique in this world? Why are we celebrating them? What qualities about them make the rest of the world smile? All of these answers collectively can encourage and inspire the design of the day. So many of us get caught up in making the design look just right in all of the matching details that we forget to highlight our guest of honor in every way possible. Sharing the story of the one we are celebrating can turn any event from a nice party to one that becomes a wonderful treasured memory.
Here are some quick ideas on how to incorporate personalized details throughout your party and craft an event that doesn’t just make a statement but shares a story:
Create a welcome sign that highlights some of the GOH’s favorite things or best qualities. This could be in the shade of a favorite color or in a font that reflects their personality. Instead of the normal chalkboard sign, try creating an oversized opened book for the book lover.
Create a guest book that can become a keepsake for the GOH. If the GOH likes music, why not have guests sign old records with metallic sharpies that can be stored creatively? Or, if the GOH loves balloons, have guests fill out a slip of paper with a note and insert it into a balloon to be inflated…and then popped at the end of the party!
Create a centerpiece that reflects who the GOH is. For the balloon lover, create a beautiful hot-air balloon display with a basket at the bottom. It’s sure to blow guests away!
A successful and unforgettable celebration is all about the details. It’s about creating an atmosphere with components which, when viewed individually, may go unnoticed but when viewed collectively create a memorable experience that sends the guests off feeling like they know their GOH just a little better—and delighted to have been part of something truly unforgettable.
Sarah Reese is an Event Designer and owner of Story By Design Events. Born and raised in the Lehigh Valley, Sarah graduated from Penn State University with a degree in Public Relations. She admits that when she sees something colorful and “out of the norm,” her heart skips a beat. While her personal style influences her work, it is always secondary to the unique, personal stories of each of her clients.
(Look below for a free downloadable tool to help take the stress out of gift-giving!)
Some people are just natural gift-givers, leaving a trail of wow’s in the wake of sharing their thoughtfully chosen present. Others struggle every time a special celebration looms. They go the expensive route, thinking a big, showy gift is sure to be appreciated. Or they ignore the hints the gift recipient’s been dropping all along in favor of something they believe shows a little more thought and care.
This month, we offer a few suggestions to help take the stress out of gift-giving for just about any occasion. With some advanced planning and a little extra attention, you, too, can be the giver of an ultra-thoughtful, wow-worthy gift.
These five tips will show you how.
1. Pay attention to clues To avoid the mad scramble for the “perfect” gift that can happen before a birthday, holiday, or other special occasion, become a silent detective. When you’re around the recipient, watch and listen for the things they love, the new discoveries that are exciting them, or the favorites you never even knew they had. Are they drawn to dragonflies? Do they love the color turquoise? Does the scent of lavender conjure up instant relaxation? Keep track of such clues to take the guesswork out of making that special purchase.
2. Keep a list — and a collectionThink about what the people in your life tend to gravitate toward. Once you identify the recipient as a sports enthusiast, crafter, nature lover, or whatever their passion happens to be, keep a list of things you might want to get them. If you spot something that speaks to their hobbies or lifestyle well in advance of their special day, buy it and store it away (just make note of the purchase so you don’t forget!). That way you eliminate the stress of the last-minute hunt for the ideal gift.
3. Expand your reachIf you’re not in constant contact with the recipient or around them enough to pick up on any clues they might drop, don’t hesitate to reach out to a best friend or family member — someone who may be more intimately familiar with their tastes and interests. And don’t forget social media: a Pinterest board or Instagram account can be fabulous places to learn what’s captured their attention.
4. Offer your servicesMaybe you’ve heard your loved one complain about a particular errand, lament their lack of “me” time or admit to struggling with a project. Offering a gift of your skills, time or talents can afford something even more valuable than a physical token of your affection: peace of mind. Can you organize a home office, wash the car, or babysit the kids for two hours so they can have some quiet to themselves? A gift of service is not only an expression of caring it helps the recipient feel better about themselves and some aspect of their lives.
5. Give the gift of experience. A meaningful gift is about enhancing relationships, whether it’s with family or friends. A museum membership, a spa day, or theater tickets all make memorable gifts that encourage spending time together. Similarly, choosing an activity the recipient’s always wanted to explore is a wonderful way to support a goal while making fun memories.
Instructions for download:Click here to download the 8.5×11 PDF printable gift guide. When the image pops up in a new window, simple right click and save.
Once you’ve printed the guide, which comes 2 sheets to a page, cut the sheet in half and you are ready to fill out for the people you love!
Enjoy and be sure to let us know how these help you celebrate the people in your life!
Questions or having trouble downloading? Please contact email@example.com