Featuring our New Kathy Davis® Holiday Collection
Looking for a fun and easy way to dress up your holiday gifts? Just a few decorative accents and some scraps from our latest fabric collection are all you need for this DIY project. Follow along with our step-by-step tutorials, and in a few minutes you can turn a simply wrapped box into a beautiful holiday present!
Stop by your local Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store for supplies and to shop the entire Kathy Davis® fabric collection
1-2 yards Kathy Davis® holiday fabric
Ribbon of various styles and sizes
Festive “picks” or “swags” to garnish packages
Technique #1: Add a Message
1. Take two complementary fabrics, cut to the length and width desired, leaving 1/2 inch on either side, and fold under the raw edges to create a seam (you can use double-sided tape or liquid stitch to secure the fold). Next, wrap around two separate boxes.
2. Wrap ribbon around each box, following the same line as the fabric. Adhere ribbons with double-sided tape.
3. Wrap wired garland around the smaller of the two boxes and tape. Stack boxes and wrap with an additional piece of the garland.
4. Tuck wooden letters under twine.
Technique #2: Statement Bow
1. Wrap ribbon around box and secure with double-sided tape.
2. In the opposite direction of the ribbon, tie a very long strip of fabric. Fabric should be long enough to wrap once around your box with enough left over to create a large bow. Next, tie a bow with the fabric.
3. Tuck any extra pieces under, and smooth out any lumps.
4. Play with bow until you reach your desired size and look.
Technique #3: Wintery Accents
1. Using the same idea as Technique #1, wrap fabric around a box and secure into place.
2. Take your ribbon and center it on the fabric. Wrap ribbon around box then tie a double knot at the top.
4.Take your foliage (pine cones, cranberries, sprigs of juniper, etc.) and arrange them how you see fit on the box. Then tuck the foliage under the ribbon to ensure it’s stable and secure.
5. Add a tag, and attach to ribbon or foliage with twine.
Six steps for turning your guest room into a festive oasis
The holidays are such a beautiful time for sharing the joys of the season with the ones we love. When friends and family come to visit, what better way to make them feel cozy and cared for than with a thoughtfully decorated guest room.
Follow these simple steps to set the mood for a festive oasis.
1. Choose holiday-themed bedding to serve as the focal point and brighten
up the room.
2. Pair fresh flowers with a small bedside treat to create an instantly
3. Set out fresh linens and toiletries for easy convenience.
4. Create a small reading station with a collection of your favorite books
5. Set out no-fuss snacks and teas to add another layer of warm welcome.
(To delight even more, aim for a seasonal palette!)
6. Include a card or note letting your guests know how happy you are to
have them with you.
Shop the collection here.
It’s amazing how expressing gratitude – or simply finding something to feel grateful for – can give our moods a little boost! This month’s new Kathy Davis™ wallpaper freebies gently remind us to appreciate the special people and the many gifts that brighten our lives every day.
Desktop wallpapers are available with or without a calendar; smart phone wallpapers include the art along with a quote.
Click any of the links below to download the wallpaper size that works best for you. Once the image pops up in a new window, simply right click and save.
Questions or having trouble downloading? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Who doesn’t like a little shimmer and versatility when it comes to a statement piece? This is why, when we started thinking about our next DIY project, we couldn’t resist using our new Bold Beauty fabric with shimmery gold accents to create an awesome necklace. It’s designed with magnetic clasps, so you can change the fabric according to your mood.
It’s also easy to make! All you need is ¼ yard of fabric (or remnants left over from another project) and a just a few supplies listed below. You can find our fabric at a Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft store.
• bead strand
• waxed cording • 2 accent beads
• 2 magnetic clasps
• 1/4 yard of Kathy Davis® Bold Beauty fabric
• 2 crimping tubes
• Liquid Stitch
• hot glue gun
• pinking shears
Click here to download the instructions. Once the PDF pops up in a new window, simply right click and save.
Check out the new Kathy Davis™ Bold Beauty Collection of fine fabrics! With bold, rich florals, petite, bright and lovely patterns, dancing butterflies and sophisticated tonal ferns, the collection is a glorious garden of color. You’ll find it at your nearest Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store. Whether it’s sewn into apparel, accessories or home decor accents for yourself or someone special, the possibilities for this awesome fabric are endless. What do you think you might create? We’d love to hear your ideas!