Life gives us so much to celebrate. From the simple pleasures found in every day to the milestones marked with family and friends, we’re gifted with countless moments to create and share joy. But what about those times of disappointment and heartache? How do we find our way back to center when things don’t work out? Here are a few of our suggestions for how to cope with life’s inevitable setbacks.
Here in our studios we take a five-minute break every morning for a group stretch. Far from being a luxury, it reflects Kathy Davis’ belief that making time to care for yourself is part of creating a life you love. To help you create your own mini wellness practice at work, here are four of our favorite exercises from our Daily KDS Stretch:
Ready to start adding a few simple stretches to your workday routine? To help make things a bit easier, we’re offering a free, downloadable PDF. Print it out, pin it up and use it as a daily reminder to take an energizing break!
Instructions for download:Click here to download the “8.5 x “11 PDF. When the image pops up in a new window, just right click and save.
We’re so excited to share our new, inspiring July wallpaper freebies from KATHY DAVIS™! We hope they provide you with a beautiful backdrop to Create a Life You Love, and encourage you to look to the bright side! Desktop wallpapers are available with or without a calendar; smart phone wallpapers include the art along with a quote.
Click any of the links below to download the wallpaper size that works best for you. Once the image pops up in a new window, simply right click and save the image.
Questions or having trouble downloading? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a moment just for you! Evening is a natural time for winding down, reflecting, and relaxing after a long day. While we at Kathy Davis believe in living each day to the fullest, it’s so important to recognize the value of preparing for a restful night’s sleep, too. Let’s face it, everyone needs rest – it’s how we re-charge so we can pursue Creating a Life We Love. Here are a few great ways to unwind:
1. Keep it simple with a few scented candles.
2. Fill a tub with bubble bath and take a long soak. Breathe deeply and exhale the cares of the day.
3. Set aside some reading time. Even a few minutes with a good book may help you take your mind off your problems and unwind before you sleep.
5. For a more peaceful rest, pause and appreciate the events of the day for which you’re especially thankful. You may want to write in a journal, pray or meditate that you may:
• Find the joy in each day and share it with those you love
• Seek and appreciate the beauty in your surroundings
• Find peace within and offer it to others
We hope that you allow yourself some time to wind down and truly enjoy your evenings. It’s something we all deserve, but probably don’t do enough – that’s why we add a little extra TLC to each detail of the KATHY DAVIS™ bedding collection, available here and here.
At Kathy Davis, we love Dad! After all, he’s the guy who’s there for his family in so many special ways, whether he’s on his own or sharing life with a wife or partner, and with Father’s Day approaching, it’s finally Dad’s turn to be appreciated! The easiest way to do that is with a greeting card – one that resonates with you and most closely reflects your relationship with the special Dad in your life. Next, it’s nice to add a few of your own words to make it that much more personal.
If you find this part a bit of a challenge, no worries! At Kathy Davis, we’re all about helping you find the words to express the love that’s in your heart. Here are a few tips to help you personalize your Father’s Day card with your own touch of heartfelt connection!
To Dad He’s the man – the reason we’re here! And in many families, he’s kind of an unsung hero. Since it’s not always easy to say it verbally, why not look at this as an opportunity to write it from your heart. Consider writing something about why he is so special to you. What has Dad done for you recently? Maybe he helped you out of a jam, gave you some advice…or just gave you a simple pep talk.
• “Thanks, Dad, for having my back when I _______. I love you!” • “Dad, you always have the best advice. Thanks for listening/being there. You’re the best!” • “Dad, whenever I’m feeling down, I know I can come to you to help me put things in perspective. Love you so much.”
To your Husband/Partner He’s right there by your side. Co-parenting. Dealing with household stuff. Sharing all of life’s moments. And he just “gets” you. So here’s your opportunity to tell him what a great Dad he is to the kids…and how much he means to you. (Don’t be afraid to get a little romantic!)
• “I’m so lucky to have you by my side. You’re an awesome dad to the kids and the BEST husband/partner. I love you with all my heart.” • “Love watching you with the kids. Thanks for being such a wonderful father…and the love of my life.” • “You do so much for our family, and you do it with your whole heart. I want you to know how much I appreciate and love you.”
To the guy who’s like a dad He may not be everyone’s biological dad, but he sure does play the part! Why not write a few lines to tell him how important he is in your life?
• “It’s so amazing to know you’re there. I feel really lucky to have you in my life. Happy Father’s Day!” • “It’s nice to have a great guy like you in our family.” • “You’re a great guy, and you have a special place in our family. Have an amazing Father’s Day!”
To your grandfather He’s more than just the parent of your parent…he’s Grandpa, Pop-pop, Pop, Papa, Granddad, Gramps…whatever you like to call him. And he’s a special man with a lot of life experience, family history and wisdom to share. Why not single out a special memory in your message to let him know what a difference he makes in your life?
• “I’ll always remember the time we went/saw/shared/did [something] together. You’re a wonderful grandpa, and I love you so much!” • “You’re so much fun to be around! I hope you have a great Father’s Day! Love you lots!” • “I know we don’t see other as much as we’d like, but when we do, we make it count! You’re the BEST, Grandpa! Enjoy your Father’s Day!”
To your son He’s the apple of your eye…the boy who grew up to be the dad to your grandchild. It doesn’t get any better than that! Why not let him know what a great Dad he is and just how proud you are of him.
• “Love seeing you with [name of grandchild/ren]. He/she/they just love their Dad! You’re doing a wonderful job – so proud of you!” • “I’m so blessed to have a grandchild/grandchildren and so proud of their Dad! You’re such a wonderful father! Hope you have a great Father’s Day! • “You do so much for your family…hope you take some time to relax. You’re a terrific Dad, and you deserve a day just for you!
Father’s Day is your chance to tell all the special Dads in your life how much they mean to you. Try not to stress about what to say. When you sit down to write, just keep your focus on him, and the words will come! We can promise that no matter how you say it, your message will be appreciated.
KATHY DAVIS™ cards can be found in Target, Walmart and major drug and grocery stores where American Greetings cards are sold.