Featuring our New Kathy Davis® Holiday Collection
Looking for a fun and easy way to dress up your holiday gifts? Just a few decorative accents and some scraps from our latest fabric collection are all you need for this DIY project. Follow along with our step-by-step tutorials, and in a few minutes you can turn a simply wrapped box into a beautiful holiday present!
Stop by your local Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store for supplies and to shop the entire Kathy Davis® fabric collection
1-2 yards Kathy Davis® holiday fabric
Ribbon of various styles and sizes
Festive “picks” or “swags” to garnish packages
Technique #1: Add a Message
1. Take two complementary fabrics, cut to the length and width desired, leaving 1/2 inch on either side, and fold under the raw edges to create a seam (you can use double-sided tape or liquid stitch to secure the fold). Next, wrap around two separate boxes.
2. Wrap ribbon around each box, following the same line as the fabric. Adhere ribbons with double-sided tape.
3. Wrap wired garland around the smaller of the two boxes and tape. Stack boxes and wrap with an additional piece of the garland.
4. Tuck wooden letters under twine.
Technique #2: Statement Bow
1. Wrap ribbon around box and secure with double-sided tape.
2. In the opposite direction of the ribbon, tie a very long strip of fabric. Fabric should be long enough to wrap once around your box with enough left over to create a large bow. Next, tie a bow with the fabric.
3. Tuck any extra pieces under, and smooth out any lumps.
4. Play with bow until you reach your desired size and look.
Technique #3: Wintery Accents
1. Using the same idea as Technique #1, wrap fabric around a box and secure into place.
2. Take your ribbon and center it on the fabric. Wrap ribbon around box then tie a double knot at the top.
4.Take your foliage (pine cones, cranberries, sprigs of juniper, etc.) and arrange them how you see fit on the box. Then tuck the foliage under the ribbon to ensure it’s stable and secure.
5. Add a tag, and attach to ribbon or foliage with twine.