Thanksgiving is upon us! It’s a day filled with prepping, dining and resting. But most of all, it’s a chance to pause and give thanks for all things, big and small, that fill our hearts with gratitude. Here are our top ten “Joyful Signs” of this season of thanks. How about you –– what are your favorite “joyful signs” of Thanksgiving?
1. Abundance – The full tables, homes and bellies of Thanksgiving serve as a reminder that at all times of life, we have so much to be thankful for.
2. Family Gatherings – It makes the trek “over the river and through the woods” worthwhile!
3. Homemade Treats – Whether pumpkin, pecan or mincemeat, it’s always a good idea to save a little room for a little pie and some coffee.
4. Gratitude – It’s the perfect time to share what’s in our hearts.
5. The Fixings – At Thanksgiving, the sides can really make the meal. I can’t resist some classic mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and of course, the turkey stuffing.
6. The Parade – Cozying up on the couch to catch the magical floats, marching bands and giant balloons go by is a tradition that never fails to scatter a little joy.
7. Leftovers – Thanksgiving is the meal that keeps giving! There are countless ways to fix up leftovers, keeping the feast going long after Thanksgiving Day has ended!
8. A Welcoming Table – Creative place settings and festive decorations help to set the scene for lots of sharing and celebrating.
9. Wishes – Short end of the stick or not, it’s always fun to do some wishful thinking!
10. Fun and Games – Lighthearted scrimmages often ensue when family and friends are gathered. Whether you toss around the football or play your favorite board game, Thanksgiving is a great opportunity to laugh, play and make new memories.